Engineering Manager – E007
Full-time position (40h/week)
A role for an individual who is prepared to stretch themselves and adapt quickly through an exciting stage of early company growth.
We are looking for a full-time Engineering Manager to take an important leadership role in commercialising Actuation Lab’s products, building a team to support range expansions, certification/qualification, production approval, trial deployment and the development of quality systems.
Actuation Lab embraces flexible working practices, while also believing in fostering a strong company culture through team interaction and group events. A successful applicant will be expected to spend most of their time working on site with the team in Bristol. Actuation Lab currently operates out of the Bristol and Bath Science Park in Emersons Green, but will relocate within Bristol in Q3/Q4 2023. In addition, the role will require occasional travel, both national and international.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for transitioning Actuation Lab’s products from R&D to production (taking outputs from the research team at TRL 4 and developing them to TRL 7 and into trials). Duties will include:
- Owning engineering product requirements to develop and test towards
- Chairing design reviews (DFMEA, DFM, etc.) with a particular emphasis on ensuring products are optimised for production, and that products are designed and tested to required standards
- Working with the Operations Manager to develop and maintain an ISO 9001 quality system
- Hiring staff to develop engineering activities
- Line managing members of the development engineering team, including conducting monthly one-to-ones with all team members
- Managing subcontractors and partners, as well as negotiating contracts and agreements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in the design of industrial/mechanical hardware to stringent standards for the energy or aerospace sectors
- Experience line managing an engineering team
- Experience chairing design reviews
- Experience working to an ISO 9001 accredited quality system before
- Involvement in qualification or certification test programs
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and ATEX desirable
- Valve engineering experience, with familiarity of ASME B16.34, API 6D and the ASME BPVC
- Chartered status, with the ability to mentor and endorse young engineers through getting chartered themselves
Degree in Engineering or Science
£50,000 – £60,000 depending on experience, reviewed annually based on performance.
Cycle to work scheme, we pay your professional membership (e.g. IMechE), £500 yearly training budget, Employee Assistance Programme (Health Assured), EMI share options scheme coming soon, regular team-building events, generous refreshment budget.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference [REF E007.1] in the subject.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.